Residence Hall Network Connection Policy

Wireless and wired Internet access is available in all residential rooms at St. John Fisher. The Ethernet cable from the wall jack to your computer is not provided by the University. These cables can be purchased at the Fisher Bookstore, most electronic stores, and office supply stores such as Staples, Best Buy, etc. New residents may wish to purchase a cable after moving in to ensure that the length is correct.

Personal network equipment (hubs, wireless routers, and switches) are not allowed in the residential halls under any circumstances.

Double rooms that are "tripled". Residential Life provides a switch by request to split the network connection. Please check with your RA if you need a mini-switch. Students who desire multiple connections to the network (for a second computer, Xbox, PS4, etc.) may purchase an OIT-approved switch. Please contact the OIT Service Desk at (585) 385-8016 or for more information.


Article ID: 34305
Wed 7/26/17 10:11 AM
Tue 7/5/22 10:57 AM